• Record of over 62 years of service to people with disabilities, regardless of age.
• 95 cents of every dollar raised is spent directly on services within the county.
• Use funds in a most careful and prudent manner using Federal Poverty Guidelines.
• Many in Wayne County must decide between medical needs and food.
We attempt to help by assisting with their medical needs.
• We build ramps, provide wheelchairs, prosthesis, lift chairs, hospital beds, etc.
• We provide scholarship help for those individuals who are high school graduates who have suffered physical handicaps and wish to continue their education.
• Requests for assistance continue to increase:
a. Individuals with low-paying positions with no medical insurance.
b. Large number of citizens in our community who are unemployed.
• Our all-volunteer committee, which serves all sections of Wayne County, comes to you only once every year.